BOARDING PASS ISSUED AT AN AIRPORT OF DEPARTURE
At some airports, a fee established by UIA is charged for issuing a boarding pass (passes).
►Click here to check the flights on which a fee is charged for issuing a boarding pass at the airport.
If you have not printed out nor downloaded your boarding pass on your mobile device, you can receive it at the airport check-in desk for an established fee.
Fee for issuing boarding passes at check-in desks
- The one-time fee is charged in the process of checking-in for UIA flights at the airport of departure per Economy Class passenger for providing a boarding pass (passes) to the final destination of the route or for return flight, if the time between the arrival of the previous flight and the departure of the next flight does not exceed 48 hours.
- Starting 01 August 2018, passengers travelling in Economy Class on long-haul UIA flights (except flights from Beijing and Colombo) will be charged a fee for issuing a boarding pass (passes) at the departure airport check-in desk.
- The amount of a fee charged per boarding pass is an equivalent of 15 EUR.
- PLEASE NOTE: As long as the fee payment for a boarding pass issuance has not been made, UIA reserves the right to unilaterally change the fee amount at any time and without prior notice. The fee is charged upon providing the service and is non-refundable.
Passengers entitled to free boarding passes issued at check-in desks:
- Charter flights passengers.
- Business Class and Premium Economy Class passengers.
- Passengers who have paid for an upgrade of comfort level.
- Passengers who have checked in online, printed out / saved their boarding passes on their mobile electronic device if they opt for a paid seat selection service at the departure airport.
- Seamen passengers.
- Deportees and persons under police escort, persons who accompany them, as well as passengers who have been denied entry to a country of destination.
- Passengers with a non-confirmed booking status.
- Passengers who have been checked-in automatically and received their boarding passes without an assigned seat, provided that they have printed / saved their boarding passes on their mobile device.
- Passengers with boarding passes saved on their mobile devices with the purpose to undergo control for aviation security (if boarding passes stored mobile / electronic devices are not accepted in accordance with airport rules);
- Transfer passengers (if the journey is issued as a single ticket) at the transfer airport, provided that these passengers do not have boarding passes for their connecting flights.
- In the case of reissue of boarding passes to passengers whose seat assignment had been changed due to the replacement of an aircraft type or for safety reasons, provided that they have the boarding passes for the previous UIA flights;
- If passengers were rerouted onto a UIA flight from another UIA flight, provided that these passengers have their boarding passes for the previous UIA flights.
NOTE: If passengers were rerouted onto UIA flights from the flights of other airlines, they must pay the fee for issuing a boarding pass.
Passengers who have ordered special services (transportation of pets, weapons), unaccompanied minors under 16 years of age, passengers with disabilities should proceed to a check-in desk in advance in order to complete all necessary formalities. If passengers belonging to one of the above categories do not have a boarding pass (passes) printed / saved on their mobile device, at some airports an established UIA fee shall be charged for issuing the boarding passes.
Passengers can use alternative methods of checking in to avoid the need for issuance of boarding passes at the airport check-in counter:
- Online check-in via UIA mobile application or on our website. In this case passengers must print out or save their boarding passes on their mobile device.
Click here for detailed information on Online check-in.
Click here for detailed information on Seat selection.
- Automatic check as long as passengers provide their passport and contact details at the time of booking. In this case passengers must print out or save their boarding passes on their mobile device sent by e-mail or mobile phone number for presenting them at the airport of departure.
Click here for detailed information on Automatic check-in.