New Ukrainian government restrictions for foreigner travelers forces UIA to revise flight schedule in September and October
September 1, 2020: Ukraine International Airlines (UIA) has had to revise its flight schedule from September 1 to October 24, 2020, due to the new Ukrainian government restrictions for foreign visitors to Ukraine. The decision to revise the schedule is due to the decision by the Cabinet of Ministers to temporarily ban entry of foreigners and stateless persons into Ukraine.
This new government initiative is due to the CoVid-19 pandemic but has severe negative impact on the travel and aviation industries in Ukraine. These new policies greatly reduce the number of foreign visitors able to fly on UIA and to visit Ukraine and the number of Ukrainians able to travel outside the country as well. These new policies force UIA to update its schedule in the coming weeks taking into account all of these factors.
The current flight schedule takes into accounts the limited number of potential passengers from September 1 to October 24, 2020. Here is the planned UIA flight schedule.
Domestic flight Schedule
- Flights from Kyiv to Lviv (LWO) will be operated 3X/ week on Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays. From September 16, flights from Kyiv will be operated 3X/ week on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Flights between Lviv and Kyiv will be operated on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. From October, 1 - 6X/ week, except weekends. Return flights will be operated every following day, except every Friday flight - return flights every Sunday.
- Kyiv - Odessa (ODS) - 7X/ week. Return flights will be operate the next day.
- Kyiv - Kherson (KHE) - on Fridays and Sundays with return flights on Saturdays and Mondays. Flights in this direction will be performed until September, 21.
- Kyiv - Kharkiv (HRK) - flights are scheduled to start on September 14, 3X/ week on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Return flights on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. From October - 6X/ week, except Saturday. Flights in the opposite direction will be operated the day after arrival.
- Kyiv - Dnipro (DNK) - the start of revolving flights is scheduled for September 14, every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Return flights every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. From October - flights 6 times a week except Saturday.
- Kyiv - Amsterdam (AMS) - Kyiv (FOUR weekly flights except Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays). From September 30, will be operated an additional frequency on Wednesdays. Revolving flights will be operated in this direction.
- Kyiv - London (LGW) - Kyiv - flights are scheduled for September 2 and 3, as well as three frequencies of the regular program from September, 2 - return flights on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
- Kyiv - Paris (CDG) - Kyiv - return flights on Mondays, Wednesdays and Sundays, from September, 25 will be additional frequency on Fridays and from October, 3 on Saturdays.
- Kyiv - Brussels (BRU) - Kyiv - from October 2, round-trip flights om Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Kyiv - Milan (MXP) - Kyiv - return flights on Mondays and Fridays, with additional flight in September, 17 and additional frequency on Wednesdays starting from September, 23.
- Kiev - Dubai (DXB) - Kiev - daily return flights.
- Kyiv - Cairo (CAI) - Kyiv - from September 14 on Mondays and Wednesdays, return flights to Kyiv on Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Kyiv - Dusseldorf (DUS) - Kyiv - from October 01 round-trip flights on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Kyiv - Munich (MUC) - Kyiv - return flights on Mondays and Fridays, from September 16, additional frequency every Wednesday.
- Kyiv - Tbilisi (TBS) - Kyiv - from October 1, 6X/ week except Saturday, return flights the next day six times a week except Sunday.
- Kyiv - Baku (GYD) - Kyiv - from October 4, flights on Wednesdays and Sundays with return to Kyiv Return flights every next day.
- Kyiv - Yerevan (EVN) - Kyiv - Saturday flights on September 5 and 12, as well as on Mondays until mid-October. From September 17 additional frequencies on Thursdays and Fridays. Return flights every next day.
- Kiev - Istanbul (IST) - Kiev - return flights daily.
- Odessa - Istanbul (IST) - Odessa - until September 12 flights on Saturdays, then until September 25 on Fridays. From October, 04 flights to Istanbul on Mondays and Fridays. Return flights until September 25 on Saturdays, and from October 02 on Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Kyiv - Tel Aviv (TLV) - Kyiv - from October 1 - flights on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays, return flights - every next day. Additional revolving flights are also planned for September 1, 3, 20, 21, 22 and 28.
- Lviv - Tel Aviv (TLV) - Lviv - from October 04, return flights on Sundays.
- Odessa - Tel Aviv (TLV) - Odessa - return flights on September 2, 6, 13, 20, 21, 22 and from the beginning of October - every Thursday and Saturday.
- Dnipro - Tel Aviv (TLV) - Dnipro - from September 17 return flights on Thursdays.
- Kharkiv - Tel Aviv (TLV) - Kharkiv - from September 16 to September 30 return flights on Wednesdays, from October 04, on Sundays.
- Kyiv - Prague (PRG) - Kyiv - from October 02, revolving flights on Mondays, on Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Kyiv - Madrid (MAD) - Kyiv - return flights on September 4 and 7.
- Kyiv - New York (JFK) - Kyiv - return flight on September 9.
In addition and based on these new governmental restrictions, UIA was forced to cancel the following flights.
As of September 14, the following flights will be canceled:
- Kyiv - Zaporizhia (OZH) – Kyiv
- Kyiv - Madrid (MAD) – Kyiv
- Barcelona (BCN) – Kyiv
- Geneva (GVA) – Kyiv
- Berlin (TXL) – Kyiv
- Chisinau (KIV) – Kyiv
Flights for the following routes were also reduced:
- Odesa (ODS) – Kyiv
- Düsseldorf (DUS) – Kyiv
- Brussels (BRU) – Kyiv
- Tel Aviv (TLV) – Kyiv
- Kharkiv (HRK) – Kyiv
- Dnipro (DNK) – Kyiv
Tickets for all UIA flights can be purchased through travel agents or at www.FlyUIA.com.
The Government of Ukraine temporarily restricts entry of foreigners and stateless persons to Ukraine. The entry restrictions do not apply to the following categories of persons.
As these are times never before seen in the travel and aviation industry, UIA will continue to closely monitor world developments and adhere to all Ukrainian government regulations and restrictions in shaping its flight schedule. UIA plans to resume full service on all routes as soon as they become economically feasible. Passengers who may be impacted by flight changes caused by these new travel restrictions are encouraged to visit UIA’s website and the advantage of the recent updates in the "Manage My Booking" link, which allows passengers to make changes to their itineraries in a few easy steps, by clicking
During these unprecedented times due to the worldwide pandemic, Ukraine International Airlines places the safety and health of our passengers and crew at the highest levels. UIA applies safety standards and procedures provided by the World Health Organization, the International Air Transport Association, the European Aviation Safety Agency, the European Center for Disease Prevention and Control, as well as the Ministry of Health of Ukraine and the State Aviation Service. Safety measures on board our flights can be found here.
Information about flying through UIA’s hub at Kyiv Boryspil Airport can be found by clicking this link.