UIA plane maintenance hangar at airport Boryspil
backstage of aviation
UIA plane maintenance hangar at airport Boryspil - backstage of aviation
Have you long dreamed of exploring aviation behind the scenes? Or wanted to chat with pilots and flight attendants?
We invite you on a unique group-based visit to the UIA plane maintenance hangar at the international airport Boryspil.
Boeing 737 and Embraer 190/195 undergo aircraft maintenance in the hangar every day. Did you know that there are line and base maintenance? Or that for some types of maintenance aircraft cabins sometimes are disassembled to the last screw? Our specialists will tell you about this and many other peculiarities of aircraft maintenance, show special equipment, as well as explain why every technician has his own toolbox.
During your visit you will have a unique experience of entering an aircraft cockpit with real controls and feel like a true captain of an aircraft.
After the main programme of the visit, you will have time to take selfies with pilots and flight attendants and an opportunity to ask all your questions.
|11:00 – 12:00||Meeting UIA representative at the Terminal B to receive access permits to the controlled area of airport Boryspil|
|12:00 – 12:20||Entering the controlled area of airport Boryspil|
|12:20 – 12:30||Transfer to the plane maintenance hangar|
|12:30 – 12:40||Safety briefing in the hangar|
|12:40 – 13:20||Main programme of the visit|
|13:20 – 13:50||Taking photos with UIA pilots and flight attendants|
|13:50 – 14:00||Transfer from the plane maintenance hangar to security checkpoint|
|14:00 – 14:30||Exiting the controlled area of airport Boryspil|
|3 hrs 30 min||Total time of the visit|
Terms of paid service:
1. Language of the visit: Ukrainian.
2. Booking requests, payment and scans of documents must be sent to email@example.com, no later than 10 working days before the date of the excursion. Citizens of Ukraine whose passports are issued in the regions of Ukraine where an increased level of terrorist threat has been introduced or have registration/residence in these regions (Donetsk and Luhansk regions, the Autonomous Republic of Crimea), as well as foreign citizens must apply no later than 14 workers days. This requirement is conditioned by the rules of the Security Service of Ukraine.
3. To be admitted to the aircraft service hangar, a one-day pass is issued for each visitor, as he/she is in the controlled area. For citizens of Ukraine whose passports are issued in the regions of Ukraine where an increased level of terrorist threat has been introduced or have registration/residence in these regions, a personal interview will be scheduled at Boryspil Airport with representatives of the Security Service of Ukraine. UIA cannot influence the date and outcome of the interview. To obtain a pass, you must send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- scan/photo of a passport of a citizen of Ukraine (1st, 2nd pages + pages with updated photo and pages with registration notes of a citizen’s residence)
- scan/photo of an ID card (with a paper appendix – a certificate of residence) on both sides.
- scan/photo of a child's birth certificate
4. On the day of the visit, be sure to have the originals of the documents provided in advance. Without the originals of your documents, you will not be able to get into the controlled area.
5. If you book a visit for a group of children aged 6-12, one adult per 4 children is required. Parental support is mandatory for children under 6 years of age.
6. Cost: UAH 20,000*, group size between 2-15 people. A single tariff is applied for the whole group, regardless of the category of visitors (i.e., children older than six years, students, etc).
7. Payment for the service is made by credit card or bank transfer to the bank details within 2 days after the group booking is confirmed. After receipt of payment and approval of the group, begins the procedure for pass issuance. If your group's plans have changed, the customer must send a request to email@example.com to postpone the date of the visit, no later than 5 days before the agreed date. The cost of the service is non-refundable, but it is possible to postpone the date of the visit.
8. UIA reserves the right to change the date and time of the visit at any stage of the visit due to production processes.
9. It is forbidden to carry with you:
- all sorts of sharp objects,
- chemicals, gases and sprays that disable and paralyze (Mace gas, pepper spray, acid sprays, animal repellent sprays, tear gas, etc)
- toy guns, models and imitation firearms that can be mistaken for real weapons,
- lithium batteries
- nickel-cadmium batteries,
- alkaline batteries,
- electronic cigarettes,
- matches and lighters, etc.
Please send your application to this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org