Ukraine International becomes pet-friendlier
Ukraine International provides passengers with even more opportunities to travel together with their pets. Effective February 12, 2020, the airline extends the maximum total weight of pet transportation in the cabin to 10 kilos. The change is applied to pets – dogs and cats – and pets for emotional support. The service fee remains unchanged.
Therefore, please be reminded that:
- The weight of a container with a pet should not exceed 10 kilos; maximum size 55 x 40 x 20 cm;
- The container must be spacious enough for your pet to be able to lie down, get up, and turn around;
- You may only take one pet container with you in the cabin;
- Ukraine International allows carrying a maximum of three pets in the same container if they feel comfortable with each other;
- Pet transportation in the cabin must be requested at least 24 hours before your scheduled departure.
“Many of us at Ukraine International have pets, while some of us take care of several ones, – noted Evgeniya Satska, UIA Communications Director. – That is why we fully understand how sensitive even half a kilo may be. To save our passengers the trouble of dieting their puffs or puzzling over the ways to lighten a container, we decided on adding 2 kilos to maximum total weight that most airlines require. We hope our clients will appreciate the change and take advantage of traveling with their fluffy companions in the cabin.”
Terms and condition of transporting guide pets accompanying passengers with reduced mobility or vision/hearing disorders, as well as assistance dogs of state authority officers and rescue teams remain unchanged. Regardless of the weight and size, the pets are carried in the cabin free of charge provided that documents confirming special training are presented.
Ukraine International accepts:
- Up to 8 pets (2 in Business Class, 1 in Premium Economy Class, and 5 in Economy Class) in the cabin aboard long-haul flights;
- Up to 5 pets (1 in Business Class and 4 in Economy Class) in the cabin aboard short- or medium-haul flights.