Based on the decision of the Government of Ukraine to temporarily ban foreigners from entering Ukraine so that to counter the spread of Covid-19 in Ukraine, Ukraine International suspends all scheduled flights from March 17 through June 14, 2020 inclusive.
Passengers who plan to fly starting from June 14 are advised to keep themselves updated on flight schedule and status changes on.
Ukraine International offers passengers of canceled flights to choose one of the following options:
- To exchange an unused ticket (its unused coupon) or an unused additional service for a non-transferrable promo code with an additional bonus - 25% of an unused ticket (flight coupon) price or an unused additional service. The promo code can be used to pay for a new ticket, including fare and taxes or an additional service on any UIA scheduled flight in any class of service. The promo code can be used when booking a flight or an additional service on the airline's website. The promo code is valid for 2 years from the date of its issuing.
- To reschedule departure for a later date and rebook tickets for UIA flights to the same destination in the same booking class during the ticket validity without penalties;
- To get a ticket or an unused flight coupon refund.
If the flight was cancelled there is no need to cancel the tickets, the system will cancel them automatically, without applying penalties.
IMPORTANT! Due to a large number of requests, a refund for the unused ticket is made within 7 - 90 days from the date the request was received.
All citizens of Ukraine have the right to cross the state border to return to the territory of Ukraine. Foreign nationals who are entitled to enter Ukraine can cross the state border in the same way as citizens of Ukraine.
Due to the resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 211 of March 11, 2020 on preventing the spread of COVID-19 caused by coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, on the territory of Ukraine, all persons crossing the state border of Ukraine are to be mandatory hospitalized to observatories (insulators) for a period of 14 days, except for persons, who have agreed to self-isolation with the use of “Dii vdoma” electronic service, the Unified State Web-portal of electronic services, before crossing the state border. Passengers will be provided with mobile cards to give their consent to self-isolation using the electronic service "Dii vdoma".
Before traveling on a special flight, please:
- Check the requirements of your destination country and the conditions of crossing the state border, the need for observance / self-isolation, the availability of medical insurance or a certificate of negative test for COVID-19.
- Ensure compliance with safety requirements mandatory on UIA flights.
- If you feel signs of sickness, such as fever, dry cough, fatigue, you must refuse to travel.
Promo code - the return of the full cost of an unused ticket (its unused coupon) or an unused additional service and an additional bonus of 25% of the cost of an unused ticket (its unused coupon) or an unused additional service. The promo code can be used to pay for a new ticket, including fare and taxes or an additional service on any UIA scheduled flight in any class of service. The promo code can be used when booking a flight or an additional service on airline's website. The promo code is valid for 2 years from the date of its issuing.
For tickets booked for a travel period until October 26, 2020, we introduced a flexible change policy that is applicable to all fare types: one change of travel date for the same route is permitted without penalty within the validity period of the ticket. Standard fees and charges will apply to further changes.
MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS that we ask you to follow in order to make you and the passengers around you feel as safe as possible:
- Wear personal protective masks / respirators. Passengers are required to ensure on its own enough masks, in accordance with the recommendations of the use of disposable masks. Availability of masks is mandatory for all passengers from 2 years
- Social distancing. Passengers are recommended to adhere to a distance of 1.5-2 m during formal procedures at the airport, during boarding / disembarking from the aircraft, as well as restrict passenger’s motion in the cabin of the aircraft during the flight.
- Personal hygiene and use of antiseptics.
Depending on the developments, precautionary measures are revised daily and become increasingly rigid.
Our aircraft are equipped with HEPA air filters that remove 99.9% of particles, including viruses and bacteria and ensure the highest possible air quality in the cabin.
Our crews receive profound special briefings and strictly comply with ОМ-А 12.8 SUSPECTED COMMUNICABLE DISEASES OR OTHER PUBLIC HEALTH RISK ON BOARD AN AIRCRAFT.
Our cockpit and cabin crews are provided with personal safety apparel such as protecting masks and gloves. Every aircraft is equipped with disinfectants allocated in the lavatories for the use of passengers and crew.
All removable cabin, kitchen, and toilet equipment is cleaned up with disinfectants; consumables are being utilized.
After passengers and crew leave the aircraft, it undergoes intense cleaning and disinfection. All aircraft arriving from epidemiological high-risk-countries are towed off to a special sanitary ramp for disinfection. This includes sanitary cleansing of all surfaces of the kitchen, cabins, baggage holds, and other areas; closed-door exposure; and ventilation with open doors. The whole procedure takes about three hours.
Temperature control of passengers, arriving at Boryspil International Airport, has been monitored by the officers of the sanitary-quarantine unit of the State Institution “Laboratory, Centre for Air Transport”, which reports to the Ministry of Health of Ukraine, the representatives of a Separate Checkpoint “Kyiv”; of the State Border Service of Ukraine and the officers of the First Aid Centre of Boryspil International Airport.
Disinfectant dispensers are installed in the Airport terminals.
Special carpets, treated with a disinfectant solution are installed on the stairs. All passengers step on a special carpet before getting to the airport terminal.
In different Ariport areas were located bins for used personal protective equipment: gauze facial masks, rubber gloves etc.
Ambulances are on duty in the security restricted area of the airport.
For reliable information, we recommend you to select only official sources of information: WHO and the coordination headquarters. Up-to-date information on 2019-nCoV Coronavirus worldwide, tips and preventative measures:
WHO recommendations for the public and the professional community
Website of the Public Health Centre of Ukraine
The official site of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine
The official site of the State Civil Aviation Authorities of Ukraine
The official site of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, what you need to know about entering the territory of Ukraine and consular assistance in connection with # COVID-19
The Ministry of Health of Ukraine has launched a Telegram bot to promptly answer common questions about coronavirus in Ukraine.
Chat bot available at: https://t.me/COVID19_Ukraine_Bot
The Coronavirus_Info Telegram channel also provides up-to-date and current information on the COVID-19 virus situation in Ukraine. This is the only Telegram channel verified by the Ministry of Health. News, current data, recommendations and ratings from experts https://t.me/COVID19_Ukraine