UIA informs about the results of work for 9 months
October 6, 2021: Ukraine International Airlines (UIA) summed up the results of operating activities for 9 months of 2021. During the period from January to September 2021, UIA increased passenger traffic, continued regular payments for canceled flights due to pandemic and ensured the dynamic development of charter programs.
In general, the airline ended the period with the following indicators:
- Number of scheduled flights: 8259, which is 8% less than last year and 80% less than in 2019;
- Number of charter flights: 7853, compared to 2964 flights in 2020 and 4503 in 2019;
- Total number of transported passengers: 2,258,197, which is 35% more than in the same period of 2020 and 64% less in 2019;
- Regular flight passengers: 856,834 (1,004,664 for 2020 and 5,488,816 in 2019);
- Passengers of charter flights: 1,401,363 (446,284 in 2020 and 840,293 in 2019);
- The volume of cargo and mail transported (both on scheduled and charter flights) is 3,180 tons, which is 51% less than in 2020 and 81% less than in 2019.
- Amount of refunds to passengers: more than 25 million USD since the beginning of 2021; for the entire period of crisis conditions during the pandemic from April 2020 to September 30, 2021 - more than 52 million USD.
The airline continues to closely monitor the development of the epidemiological situation and the rules of border crossing in each country to which it operates. In addition, UIA reminds of its readiness for further resumption of flights, taking into account the positive epidemiological indicators and subject to obtaining permits to operate flights.
UIA strongly advises to monitor the rules of border crossing and carefully read the information on the epidemiological restrictions of a destination country.