Terms and conditions of seat selection
Paid seat selection is available on UIA’s own flights to passengers with tickets issued under the PS code. To check the availability of seat selection on your flight, click here. Please visit the Seat selection on UIA flights page for details.
Passengers can choose any of the available Economy Class seats according to the following terms and conditions.
Premium Economy and Business Class passengers can choose a seat for free from those available at the moment of the request in a correspondent service class.
NOTE: Seat selection has to be done separately for each flight segment.
Seat selection in Economy Class is available for a fee.
PLEASE NOTE: As long as the payment for seat selection has not been made, UIA reserves the right to unilaterally change the terms and conditions of seat selection, including the fee, at any time and without prior notice.
Seat selection is not available to deportees and persons under police escort, and persons who accompany them, as well as to passengers who were denied entry to a country of destination.In compliance with aviation safety requirements, special terms of seating apply to passengers with disabilities on board UIA aircraft. Before selecting and paying for seats for passengers with disabilities, please get in touch with our Contact Center for details.
Seat selection in the first row in Economy Class is not available to:
- Passengers with children under 5 years of age, except for UIA flights to/from the USA, China, Thailand, and Sri Lanka;
- Children under 16 years of age travelling unaccompanied by adults;
- Passengers with disabilities who require a wheelchair;
- Passengers travelling with pets in the cabin.
Conditions of seat selection in an emergency row:
- Seats in an emergency row are located near an emergency exit;
- In exceptional cases, a passenger occupying a seat in an emergency row may be asked to assist in opening the emergency exit door. Therefore, such a passenger has to meet the following criteria: to be at least 16 years of age and in good physical shape, i.e. the passenger's physical condition allows him to assist other people in the event of an evacuation and will not result in injuries or damage to his health, to be able to understand printed or verbal instructions in Ukrainian or English. The passenger must be able and willing to assist in case of evacuation. Passengers who have chosen the seats in an emergency row, will be checked for compliance with the above-mentioned criteria.
For safety reasons, the seat selection in an emergency row is not available to the following categories of passengers:
- Passengers with children under 16 years of age;
- Children under 16 years of age travelling unaccompanied by adults;
- Passengers who have purchased an extra seat, in particular, for carrying hand baggage / musical instrument etc;
- pregnant women;
- passengers with disabilities;
- passengers travelling with pets in the cabin;
- passengers whose physical parameters do not allow them to fit in one passenger seat on board the aircraft, to fasten a seat belt due to its insufficient length, or to lower the armrests of their seats.
NOTE: UIA has the right to determine a compliance of a passenger with the criteria which allow occupying a seat in an emergency row. If a passenger does not meet these criteria, he/she will be offered an alternative seat from among those available at the time of the proposal. In this case, the payment made by the passenger for a seat selection in an emergency row is non-refundable.
If after the seat selection in an emergency row, the circumstances change in such a way that the passenger cannot occupy the chosen seat for security reasons, the passenger should contact the UIA Contact Center no later than 48 hours before the scheduled departure time to receive a refund. Otherwise, the passenger will not be entitled to a refund.
How to select a seat
The passenger can select a seat when booking a ticket.
After completion of the booking and ticketing, the passenger can choose a seat in the following ways:
- Via the UIA Contact Center, by filling in an application form on the UIA website or by contacting the UIA Contact Center via available communication channels: it is possible to select any seat in Economy Class available at the time of the request, except the seats in the first and second rows;
- Via a UIA ticket office at the airport of departure: it is possible to select any available seat in an emergency row and in the first row, except the first row on the UIA long-haul flights;
- on board a UIA aircraft, addressing the UIA flight attendants: it is possible to choose any seat available at the time of the request in an emergency row and the first row.
Seat selection is confirmed by a receipt issued to a passenger.
Seat selection fee may be refunded at the passenger's request in the following cases:
- the passenger is not provided with the selected and paid seat through the fault of UIA, including the cases when he/she was not provided with the same seat on an alternative flight as the one selected and paid for the flight that was cancelled, postponed, or delayed;
- if a passenger was refused carriage through the fault of UIA;
- if a passenger was refused carriage due to his/her illness or an illness of the members of his/her family who are travelling with him/her, which prevents the passenger taking the flight or taking the selected seat, if a duly issued certificate from the healthcare institution is provided.
In other cases, the fee for the seat selection is not refunded, including the following cases:
- the passenger has selected a seat that cannot be granted in accordance with these terms and conditions, including for safety reasons;
- the passenger refused to take a selected seat, not through the fault of UIA;
- the passenger has not taken the trip for reasons beyond the control of UIA, except for the cases indicated above;
- the passenger was refused a transportation, not through the fault of UIA, including the cases provided in part 12.2 of UIA Passenger and Baggage Carriage RULES;
- the passenger did not show up at check-in or at boarding the aircraft through his/her fault.
Refund rules and procedures:
- Refunds are granted at the place of payment for seat selection at UIA ticket offices, via the UIA Contact Center or at UIA customer relations department in the currency of the payment, or in an equivalent agreed with the passenger.
- If the payment was made by electronic transfer of funds (a bank card), the funds are returned to the card from which the payment was made.
- Refunds are made on the basis of a receipt and identity documents.
- Refunds are made to the person specified in the receipt, or to the account from which the payment was made. If there is no information about the payer, the refund is granted to the passenger.
- Refunds are granted within 7 days after the passenger’s application (presenting the correspondent documents to a ticket office at the place of seat selection, receiving the passenger’s application for a refund by UIA). In case of impossibility to return money in the specified period, the refund is paid at other term as agreed with the passenger.
- UIA has the right to refuse a refund if the passenger applies for it in more than 1 year after the date of the respective receipt was issued.