UIA ends 2008 with a profit!
Ukraine International Airlines has ended 2008 with a profit despite the global crisisinfluencing the financial results of many airlines of the world and unprecedented prices for aviation fuel. The Accounts show:
- Consolidated revenues of USD 371 million.
- A USD 22 million operating profitand the net profit after taxes to USD 6.2 million.
- This 5.9% operating margin again puts Ukraine International Airlines among the upper quarter of airlines worldwide.
- A USD 7.6 million currency loss reduced the pre tax profit to USD 10m.
- Over UAH 1.8 billion in export earnings contributed to Ukraine’s economy.
- UAH 54 million in staff taxes, a UAH 55 million “loan” to the state in VAT payments and UAH 34 million in corporate taxes.
- Based on the results of 2008 15% dividend will be paid to all shareholders.
2008 is already 9th successive year of profits for Ukraine International Airlines!