Тravelling with children
- Children from 2 to 12 years
- Infants under 2 years of age
- Baby bassinets and baby strollers
- Unaccompanied Minors
- Children travelling in a group
- Children dishes
When you buy tickets for a child aged from 2 to 12 years (has completed 2 years and not completed 12 years), special Child Fare applies, your child is entitled to a regular passenger ticket and an individual seat on board.
Passengers travelling with children are entitled to priority check-in and boarding.
Infants are children under 2 years of age.
- Infants shall be carried on your lap. If you are planning to travel with two infants, a separate seat must be purchased for one of them. In this case, you must use a
car-type child seat for carriage of your child.
- As per law on "Passenger and Baggage Transportation Regulations" approved by the Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine we cannot accept for air carriage:
- newborn babies under the age of seven days;
- women recently confined within seven days after delivery.
- Only infants from 6 months to 2 years old can travel on a separate seat, and in this case you must use a car-type child seat. You may also use a car-type child seat for transporting a child up to 3 years and older provided that the child's weight does not exceed 18 kg.
- Please make sure you bring your own car-type child seat. UIA doesn't provide such service.
- The car-type child seat must fit into the surface of 42 cm x 42 cm.
- The car-type child seat must be in good order, not damaged, be completed with harness and must carry a sticker as a proof that it is approved for air transportation.
See below some examples of such stickers
- Can be provided for carriage of infants only on board wide-body aircraft on UIA long-haul flights. If you wish to use this service, please make a request when booking of your travel. The number of baby bassinets on long-haul flights is limited.
- Baby bassinets are available on board Boeing-767 and Boeing-777 aircraft in all cabin classes. Exception: Boeing-767 UR-GEA aircraft type where baby bassinets are available in Premium Economy and Business Class only.
- On other UIA flights we do not provide baby bassinets.
- Travelling with your own baby bassinet? Please remember that you may use it only until the departure and after landing, not during the flight. Please place your baby bassinets in the aircraft cabin in an overhead baggage bin.
- You may walk with your child in your stroller of any type all the way to the aircraft door.
- Large baby strollers must be transported as checked baggage. You will get your baby stroller back right after arrival at the airport of destination.
- The carriage of large baby strollers must be paid for if, with your other baggage, they are in excess of the established free checked baggage allowance per class of service.
- On UIA flights, may transport free of charge one fully-collapsible baby stroller (one per passenger), in which you carry a child of up to 2 years. This type of stroller may be transported either in the baggage hold or in the cabin (in the overhead bin) in addition to free checked baggage allowance.
Passengers between the ages of 5 and 16 years who travel without being accompanied by an adult aged 18 and older are considered Unaccompanied Minors.
- Unaccompanied Minors may travel on UIA regular and charter flights without an adult escort provided they are booked using our special services for Unaccompanied Minors (UM available along the entire itinerary – from the origin airport to transit and final destination.
- At the request of the parents/guardians the Unaccompanied Minor service can be provided to passengers aged from 16 to 17 years.
- When booking the services for Unaccompanied Minors please provide the child's passport / travel document details as well as specify the child's citizenship.
- A special Unaccompanied Minors service fee must be paid in addition to a full-rate ticket.
- Book the Unaccompanied Minor service online via our Contact Center.
- Please click here to book the Unaccompanied Minor service on charter flights.
- If you wish to book the UM service, it is mandatory that you complete an Unaccompanied Minor Handling Advice Form which you can request from a UIA authorized agent at the departure airport. Then our authorized agent will accompany your child to the aircraft, where our crew member will take care of him/her during all flight.
- Please, do not leave the airport until the flight has actually taken off!
- We can hand the child over only to the person designated in the Unaccompanied Handling Advice Form or to an authorized agent of the receiving air carrier at the transfer airport. The meeting person at the destination airport must present an ID proving his/her identity.
- If the meeting person designated in the Unaccompanied Handling Advice Form fails to meet the minor on arrival, we will have to return your child to the departure airport, and you will have to pay all related costs.
Unaccompanied Minors service includes:
- Standard checked baggage and hand luggage allowances according to service class and fare rules. Standard excess baggage fares apply.
- Meals (in all service classes).
We cannot provide Unaccompanied Minor service:
- If your child not completed 5 years of age at the date of departure.
- To passengers between the ages of 5 and 16 years with disabilities.
- If the quota, established by the airline participating in the carriage for the number of unaccompanied minors per one flight, is exceeded.
- If connecting time at the airport exceeds 5 hours. Exception: airports of Amsterdam and Zurich – no limitations provided the connecting flight is on the same day.
- If the itinerary includes a change of airports during transfer.
- On UIA flights to and from the Republic of Moldova the Unaccompanied Minor services cannot be provided to children citizens of the Republic of Moldova. due to current legislation of the Republic of Moldova on minors leaving and entering the country accompanied by their legal representative or accompanying person appointed by their legal representative, throughout an entire trip abroad. UIA cannot provide a staff member for the entire minor's trip abroad.
According to the legislation of Ukraine, unaccompanied children of Ukrainian citizenship up to 16 years old present require a notarized permission to leave the country from both parents. The permission must be issued to the airline.
According to French regulation, all unaccompanied minors of French citizenship or unaccompanied minors of other citizenship living in France and holding a French residence permit must present an "autorisation de sortie de territoire" (authorization to exit the country) at the exit border controls when travelling out of France. The original of the authorization form shall be presented together with the identity document of the minors as well as a copy of identity document of the parent who signed the form. This regulation applies to persons younger than 18 years of age.
On UIA flights operated to USA, the unaccompanied minor service is performed only up to New York airport (JFK). Relatives/guardians must meet the child at JFK irrespective of the final destination. Even if interline agreement exists, UIA does not provide the unaccompanied minor transfer to another carrier.
The procedure of Unaccompanied Minor escort that includes one parent or relative in Vienna International Airport:
According to EU Regulation 2015/1998, the issuance of a visitor airport ID card has to be based on legitimate reasons. An application for any visitor airport ID card has to be filed with the airport ID card issuance office. An ID card of the visitor (passport, ID card, driver’s license etc.) needs to be deposited.
Requirements applying to all flights departing from Geneva: if a minor is not accompanied by his/her parents or is travelling accompanied by a relative, he/she needs to present a parental authorization signed by one of the parents attesting that their child can exit the country, as well as a photocopy of an ID document of the parent who signed the authorisation. If a minor is accompanied by one of his/her parents, no such parental authorization required.
When requesting the UM service for minors of other citizenship (residents or those holding residence permits) please take into account the legal requirements of each country from which minors will be flying with UIA.
Age of UIA passengers who require a mandatory UM service
|UIA flights||Passenger's age|
|Domestic across Ukraine||Under 14 years|
|International flights||Under 16 years|
|Domestic + international||Under 16 years|
Unaccompanied Minors services fees
(one-way trip for one child*)
|Flight||Online price (Euro)||Airport price (Euro)|
|Domestic direct flights (zone 1)||€35||€35|
|Domestic flights with transfer (zone 1)||€45||€45|
|Medium-haul direct scheduled flights from/to Ukraine (zones 2 and 2a)
*exception: direct flights London-Kyiv or Kyiv-London
|Direct scheduled flights London-Kyiv or Kyiv-London (zone 2)||€70||€70|
|Domestic + medium-haul scheduled flights with transfer through UA (zones 2 and 2a)||€80||€80|
|Medium-haul scheduled international flights with transfer through Ukraine (zones 2 and 2a)||€100||€100|
|Direct scheduled long-haul flights (zones 3 and 4)||€90||€90|
|Domestic + long-haul scheduled flights with transfer through Ukraine (zones 3 and 4)||€100||€100|
|Medium-haul + long-haul scheduled flights with transfer through Ukraine (zones 3 and 4)||€110||€110|
|Long-haul + long-haul scheduled flights with transfer through Ukraine (zones 3 and 4)||€150||€150|
|Code-share flights with other carriers||As per operating carrier's rules|
BONUS: Unaccompanied Minors service for two children travelling on UIA international connecting flights outside Ukraine via Kiev is paid according to the fee for one child. This rule only applies if both children have one joint booking.
Definitions of zones:
Zone 1: All domestic flights within Ukraine.
- Europe (except Ukraine),
- European part of Russia, part of Russia located in Asia, including Siberia, with the exception of the Far East;
- Central Asia: Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan;
- Middle East: Egypt, Libya, Jordan, Oman, Lebanon, United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Qatar, Turkey, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Georgia;
- North Africa: Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia.
Zone 2a: Israel
- Russia Far East federal district: Chukchi Autonomous District, Magadan Region, Khabarovsk Territory, Primorye Territory, Sakha Republic (Yakutia), Sakhalin Region;
- Bangladesh, Bhutan, Burma, Cambodia, China, India, Laos, Mongolia, Nepal, North Korea, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam;
- Canada, USA.
Zone 4: The rest of the world.
Terms of refund for unused Unaccompanied Minor service on passenger’s / payer’s request*:
- Prior to departure of the flight indicated on the ticket for which you purchased the service – you will be eligible to apply for a refund for purchased service or rearrange it to a different flight (if UIA has such a possibility) at the place where you purchased this service. If the service was ordered and paid for via the UIA website, the passenger/payer* must send a request to the e-mail address from which the passenger/payer* received a confirmation of the order, or request a refund via the UIA Contact Center.
- After departure of the flight indicated on the ticket for which you purchased the service, but did not use it:
* PLEASE NOTE: We make a refund to the person stated on the receipt confirming the payment for the corresponding service, or to the bank account from which the payment for the service was made. If there is no information about the payer for the service, the passenger receives a refund upon his/her application.
UIA will make a refund based on the service payment receipt and ID documents.
UIA reserves the right to refuse a refund if the passenger submits a refund application upon expiry of 12 months after the service payment receipt was issued.
UIA offers transportation of children groups on all its flights.
Each group of 30 children must always be escorted by at least one adult person aged 18 or over.
If you plan to transport a group of children, you have to present the list of children in such a group including the names of all escorting adults with the leader status, as well as each child's birth date. This list must be presented at the check-in desk and at immigration controls.
We are happy to welcome children on board our aircraft and do our best to make their travel with UIA as comfortable as possible.
Please note. Service limitations may apply on flights with UIA's partner airlines. For more information please contact the ticket office where you purchased your ticket. You can also get information at UIA Contact Center.