Paid seat selection is available on UIA’s own flights to passengers with tickets issued under the PS code. To check the availability of seat selection on your flight, click here. Please visit the Seat selection on UIA flights page for details.
Passengers can choose any of the available Economy Class seats according to the following terms and conditions.
Premium Economy and Business Class passengers can choose a seat for free from those available at the moment of the request in a correspondent service class.
NOTE: Seat selection has to be done separately for each flight segment.
Seat selection in Economy Class is available for a fee.
PLEASE NOTE: As long as the payment for seat selection has not been made, UIA reserves the right to unilaterally change the terms and conditions of seat selection, including the fee, at any time and without prior notice.
Seat selection is not available to deportees and persons under police escort, and persons who accompany them, as well as to passengers who were denied entry to a country of destination.
In compliance with aviation safety requirements, special terms of seating apply to passengers with disabilities on board UIA aircraft. Before selecting and paying for seats for passengers with disabilities, please get in touch with our Contact Center for details.
Seat selection in the first row in Economy Class is not available to:
- Passengers with children under 5 years of age, except for UIA flights to/from the USA, China, Thailand, and Sri Lanka;
- Children under 16 years of age travelling unaccompanied by adults;
- Passengers with disabilities who require a wheelchair;
- Passengers travelling with pets in the cabin.
Conditions of seat selection in an emergency row:
- Seats in an emergency row are located near an emergency exit;
- In exceptional cases, a passenger occupying a seat in an emergency row may be asked to assist in opening the emergency exit door. Therefore, such a passenger has to meet the following criteria: to be at least 16 years of age and in good physical shape, i.e. the passenger's physical condition allows him to assist other people in the event of an evacuation and will not result in injuries or damage to his health, to be able to understand printed or verbal instructions in Ukrainian or English. The passenger must be able and willing to assist in case of evacuation. Passengers who have chosen the seats in an emergency row, will be checked for compliance with the above-mentioned criteria.
For safety reasons, the seat selection in an emergency row is not available to the following categories of passengers:
- Passengers with children under 16 years of age;
- Children under 16 years of age travelling unaccompanied by adults;
- Passengers who have purchased an extra seat, in particular, for carrying hand baggage / musical instrument etc;
- pregnant women;
- passengers with disabilities;
- passengers travelling with pets in the cabin;
- passengers whose physical parameters do not allow them to fit in one passenger seat on board the aircraft, to fasten a seat belt due to its insufficient length, or to lower the armrests of their seats.
First row seat selection in Economy Class is not available to:
- Passengers with children under 5 years of age, except on flights to and from the USA, China, Thailand, Sri Lanka, Canada, India;
- Passengers with their own oxygen balloon or oxygen concentrator, except on flights to and from the USA, China, Thailand, Sri Lanka, Canada, India;
- Passengers carrying pets in the cabin, except on flights to and from the USA, China, Thailand, Sri Lanka, Canada, India;
- Deportees as well as to passengers who were denied entry to a country of their destination.
NOTE: UIA has the right to determine a compliance of a passenger with the criteria which allow occupying a seat in an emergency row. If a passenger does not meet these criteria, he/she will be offered an alternative seat from among those available at the time of the proposal. In this case, the payment made by the passenger for a seat selection in an emergency row is non-refundable.
How to select a seat
The passenger can select a seat when booking a ticket.
After completion of the booking and ticketing, the passenger can choose a seat in the following ways:
- Via the UIA Contact Center, by filling in an application form on the UIA website or by contacting the UIA Contact Center via available communication channels: it is possible to select any seat in Economy Class available at the time of the request, except the seats in the first and second rows;
- Via a UIA ticket office at the airport of departure: it is possible to select any available seat in an emergency row and in the first row, except the first row on the UIA long-haul flights;
- on board a UIA aircraft, addressing the UIA flight attendants: it is possible to choose any seat available at the time of the request in an emergency row and the first row.
Seat selection is confirmed by a receipt issued to a passenger.
TERMS OF A REFUND FOR A PAID SERVICE:
PLEASE NOTE: When paying for seats reservation, the passenger consents that if UIA changes the type or configuration of aircraft cabin, including, due to flight cancellation, change, or delay, it may allocate the passenger another seat with equivalent characteristics to the purchased seat. UIA does not guarantee the passenger the allocation of the chosen seat number.
- In order to get a refund for paid seating or to rearrange it for another flight (if UIA has such a possibility), the passenger/payer* must apply to the place where the payment was effected no less than 48 hours prior to the flight departure time indicated on the ticket for which the seat selection was purchased. If a seat was selected via the UIA website, the passenger/payer* must send a refund application within the above-stated period to the e-mail address from which the passenger/payer* received a confirmation of the selection, or submit the refund application to the UIA Contact Center.
- If the passenger/payer* applies less than 48 hours prior to the flight departure time indicated on the ticket for which the seat selection was purchased, he/she will not be eligible to apply for a refund for paid seating or rearrange it for another flight, except as otherwise set forth below in the exception clause.
Exception: The passenger/payer* may get a refund for the paid seating upon submitting his/her refund application to the UIA Customer Relations Department after the flight/alternative flight departure in the following cases:
- The passenger was not provided with the seat he/she chose and paid for or an equivalent seat, in cases stated above through the fault of UIA;
- If the passenger was denied carriage through the fault of UIA.
PLEASE NOTE: We issue a refund to the person stated on the receipt confirming the payment for the corresponding service, or to the bank account from which the payment for the service was made. If there is no information about the payer for the service, the passenger receives a refund upon his/her application.
UIA will make a refund based on the service payment receipt and ID documents.
UIA reserves the right to refuse a refund if the passenger submits a refund application upon expiry of 12 months after the service payment receipt was issued.