Award and Upgrade Ticket Conditions
As soon as your request for an award ticket or upgrade is processed, a corresponding number of miles will be deducted from your account.
- One-way award tickets are available at 60% of round-trip award ticket mileage price.
- Infant award tickets (under 2 years) can be obtained at 10% of the adult award ticket mileage price.
- The mileage price for award tickets for unaccompanied minors is the same as for adult award ticket.
- Award ticket/upgrade cannot be issued from a child's account (aged between 2 and 11 years inclusive) for an adult (passenger aged 12 and above) or infant (under 2 years).
Child award ticket mileage price:
- 100% of the mileage price when issuing the ticket for the miles from a child's account;
- 50% of the mileage price when issuing the ticket for the miles from an adult's account.
- Award tickets are transferable to any person of your choice. Card holder must send the application authorizing award transfer.
- Award tickets are valid for one year after the date of issue.
- Applicable airport taxes must be paid by passengers.
- Award tickets cannot be combined with upgrades.
- Economy and business classes cannot be combined in the award ticket.
- In the award ticket UIA flights can be combined with the flights of one of airline-partner.
- In the award ticket UIA flights cannot be combined with two and more airline-partners as well as two and more airline partners cannot be combined with each other.
- Award tickets cannot be issued on charter and code-share flights.
- Stopover: if you wish to interrupt your journey, one stopover (up to 7 days) is permitted on either an outbound or inbound flight.
- Stopovers are not allowed on a one-way trip.
- If you spend less than 24 hours at a transit point, it is not considered as a stopover.
- Open jaw: point of destination can be different from the point of departure; open jaw is allowed in the same award zone.
- Round-trip award ticket can consist of maximum of 4 flight segments.
- One-way award ticket can consist of maximum of 2 flight segments.
- Award ticket cannot be issued with open date.
- Available only on scheduled Ukraine International Airlines flights.
- Upgrade cannot be arranged on charter and code-sharing flights.
- Upgrade is arranged separately for each flight segment (for example: Kiev-London).
- Upgrades cannot be combined with other awards.
- Upgrades are transferable to any person of your choice. Card holder must send the application authorizing upgrade transfer.
- The same number of miles is required for adults and children (aged between 2 and 11).
- Upgrade for infants (under 2 years) can be obtained at 20% of the adult upgrade mileage price.
- Conditions of original ticket in Economy Class apply.
- Club miles will be credited for your paid ticket in Economy Class.
- If the ticket is issued at an agency, an upgrade to business class on UIA flights can be made only if UIA flights are issued on a separate ticket.
- Upgrade can be made only if the ticket is issued on UIA ticket blank. UIA ticket blank number is 566.
- When ordering an upgrade on London-Kiev, Paris-Kiev and Nice-Kiev UIA flights, passengers has to pay the difference between the airport taxes for economy and business class.
- Booking classes U, X are not eligible for upgrade.
- Upgrade can be ordered no later, than 24 hours before departure.
- If the upgrade is issued via UIA representative offices in Ukraine and abroad the additional service charge can be collected.
- Starting 2 June 2014, when upgrading to business class a service fee of 10 USD per each flight coupon (flight segment) will apply to tickets issued at an agency.
- A service fee for upgrading to business class does not apply to tickets issued on the UIA website, at UIA's ticket desks or at partner offices Kiy-Avia and UFSA.