On Board Behaviour Rules
Our On Board Policies
The safety, protection and comfort of our passengers and employees are of utmost importance at Ukraine International Airlines. Any act of interference with a flight crew or the safe operation of the aircraft is unlawful and will be dealt with accordingly.
Our on board standards of behaviour are aimed at ensuring the safety of everyone and are obligatory for all passengers to observe.
Passengers have the right to:
- personal safety;
- A decision not to travel if there is reasonable concern about personal safety onboard; and
- to advise our crew member to request assistance when life, health or personal dignity are endangered
Passengers are required to:
- maintain personal discipline and order;
- obey all instructions from flight crew;
- place carry-on luggage and personal belongings in areas specified by flight crew; and
- keep seat belt fastened when the “Fasten Seat Belt” overhead indicator is illuminated.
Passengers are expressly forbidden to:
- create situations that threaten flight safety, life, health and personal dignity of other passengers and crew;
- show disrespect or aggression toward flight crews or passengers, or to behave in a threatening, abusive, insulting or disorderly way;
- deliberately interfere with the crew in carrying out their duties;
- consume drugs or other substances causing intoxication;
- consume alcohol, except drinks offered by the cabin crew;
- smoke on board, including smoking e-cigarettes;
- leave seat during take-off and landing;
- block aisles, service doors or emergency exits;
- damage equipment or other UIA assets onboard the aircraft;
- carry any UIA property away from the aircraft or airport;
- use any emergency rescue equipment without crew permission; or,
- use electronic devices on board the aircraft during the flight.
If a passenger fails to follow our regulations, the captain has the right to:
- issue directions and orders that are obligatory to follow;
- apply any reasonable measures, including coercion, to individuals who fail to obey orders and whose behaviour threatens flight safety and security; and
- land an aircraft at the nearest airport and place offenders under the control of law enforcement authorities.
Passengers whose behaviour warrants it will have the following sanctions applied:
- compensation by passenger of any losses incurred by the delinquency on board;
- compensation by passenger of all material losses when property of UIA is damaged;
- deprivation of future right to travel on UIA;
- loss of privacy should UIA publicise the infraction via mass media and the Internet.
Ukraine International Airlines publishes passenger information at:
- At UIA website www.flyuia.com
- In UIA in-flight magazine Panorama
- At UIA offices.