Travelling with Children
We are happy to welcome our little passengers on board our aircraft and do our best to make air travel for you and your children as comfortable as possible!
Please note that service limitations may apply on flights with UIA's partner airlines.
For more information and for any other questions, please, contact the ticket office where you purchased your ticket. You can also get information in UIA Contact Center using an online form.
Children from 2 to 12 years
A child aged from 2 to 12 years (has completed 2 years and has not completed 12 years) must pay the applicable Children's Fare and a regular passenger ticket must be issued. Children travelling on a Child Fare ticket may occupy an individual seat on board. Passengers travelling with children are entitled to priority check-in and pre-boarding onto the flight.
Infants (children under 2 years) will be carried on the adult's lap. If you plan to travel with two infants, a separate seat must be purchased. In this case, you must use a car-type child seat for carriage of your child on a separate passenger seat. Infants only from 6 months and older can travel on a separate seat.
You may use a car-type child seat for transporting a child up to
3 years and older provided that the child's weight does not
exceed 18 kg.
ATTENTION! Car-type child seats must be approved for air transportation. See below some examples of such stickers:
Car-type child seat must be in good order, not damaged and be completed with harness. The car-type child seat must fit into aria of 42 cm x 42 cm.
Please take care of bringing a car-type child seat. UIA doesn't provide such service.
Please note. In accordance with legislation of “Passenger and Baggage Transportation Regulations” – approved by the Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine (N 735 30.11.2012) – the following categories of passengers are not accepted for air carriage:
- newborn babies under the age of 7 days;
- prematurely born babies under nine months at the time of flight.
Baby bassinets and baby strollers
Baby bassinets can be provided for carriage of infants only on board wide-body aircraft on UIA long-haul flights. To use this service please make a request when booking of your travel. On other UIA flights we do not provide baby bassinets.
The amount of baby bassinets is limited on each aircraft. Due to configuration of the UR-GEA aircraft type, baby bassinets on board this aircraft are available in Premium Economy and Business Class only.
If you are travelling with your own baby bassinet please remember that you shall not use it during the flight. You may use it only until the departure and after landing. Small collapsible baby bassinets may be carried in the aircraft cabin in the overhead baggage bins.
You may walk with your child in your stroller of any type all the way to the aircraft door. Large baby strollers must be transported as checked baggage. You will get your baby stroller back right after arrival at the airport of destination.
The carriage of large baby strollers must be paid for if, with your other baggage, they are in excess of the established free checked baggage allowance per class of service.
On all UIA flights, you may transport one fully-collapsible baby stroller – "umbrella" type, in which you carry a child of up to 2 years, free of charge (one per passenger). This type of stroller may be transported either in the baggage hold or in the cabin (in the overhead bin) in addition to free checked baggage allowance.
Passengers between the ages of 5 and 16 years who travel without being accompanied by an adult aged 18 and older are considered Unaccompanied Minors.
Unaccompanied Minors may travel with UIA without an adult escort provided they are booked using our special services for Unaccompanied Minors (UM). Our services for Unaccompanied Minors are available along the entire itinerary – from the origin airport to transit and final destination.
When booking the services for Unaccompanied Minors it is required to provide the child's passport (travel document) details as well as specify the child's citizenship.
Book the Unaccompanied Minor service via our Contact Center – fill in this request form.
The UM handling procedure is mandatory for the next passengers travelling on UIA flights without an adult escort:
|UIA flights||Passenger age|
|Domestic||Under 14 years|
|International||Under 16 years|
|Domestic + International||Under 16 years|
- On all UIA flights a special Unaccompanied Minors services fee must be paid in addition to a full-rate ticket.
- At the request of the parents/guardians the Unaccompanied Minor service can be provided to passengers aged from 16 to 17 years.
- From 15 January 2017, according to French regulation, all unaccompanied minors of French citizenship (younger than 18 years) travelling out of France must present an “autorisation de sortie de territoire” (authorization to exit the country) at the exit border controls in France. The original of the authorization form shall be presented together with the identity document of the minors as well as a copy of identity document of the parent who signed the form.
Unaccompanied Minors services fees*(for one way trip and one child**)
UIA domestic flights within Ukraine (direct and connecting flights)
UIA medium-haul flights (Zones 2 and 2a), to/from/via Ukraine, direct and connecting flights. Exception: direct Kiev - London / London - Kiev flights
UIA direct Kiev - London and London - Kiev flights
UIA long-haul flights (Zones 3 and 4) and combination of domestic/medium-haul flights (Zones 1, 2 and 2a) and long-haul flights, direct and connecting flights
According to operating
*Shown prices apply in USD on UIA flights from Ukraine and from other countries that are not members of the European Union, in EUR – on flights from countries that are members of EU. Payments in Ukraine can be made in Ukrainian hryvnia.
**BONUS: Unaccompanied Minors service for two children travelling on UIA international connecting flights outside Ukraine via Kiev is paid according to the fee for one child. This rule only applies if children have one joint booking.
Definitions of zones:
Zone 1: All domestic flights within Ukraine.
- Europe (except Ukraine),
- European part of Russia, part of Russia located in Asia, including Siberia, with the exception of the Far East;
- Central Asia: Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan;
- Middle East: Egypt, Libya, Jordan, Oman, Lebanon, United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Qatar, Turkey, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Georgia;
- North Africa: Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia.
Zone 2a: Israel
- Russia Far East (Russia Far East federal district): Magadan Region, Primorye Territory, Sakha Republic (Yakutia), Sakhalin Region, Khabarovsk Territory, Chukchi Autonomous District;
- India, Sri Lanka, Mongolia, China, North Korea, South Korea, Nepal, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Burma, Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia;
- USA, Canada.
Zone 4: The rest of the world.
Unaccompanied Minors service includes:
- standard checked baggage and hand luggage allowances according to service class and fare rules. Standard excess baggage fares apply.
- meals (in all service classes).
Please contact us for more detailed information on this service and rates.
ATTENTION! We are unable to provide Unaccompanied Minor services on UIA flights:
- If connecting time at the airport exceeds 4 hours.
Exclusion: airports of Amsterdam and Zurich - no limitations provided the same day connection.
- If a flight includes a change of airports during transfer.
- On UIA flights to and from the Republic of Moldova the Unaccompanied Minor services cannot be provided to children citizens of the Republic of Moldova.
On UIA flights operated to USA, the unaccompanied minor service is performed only up to New York airport (JFK). Relatives/guardians must meet the child at New York airport (JFK) irrespective of the last route destination. Even if interline agreement exists, UIA does not provide the unaccompanied minor transfer to another carrier.
If you wish to book the Unaccompanied Minors service, it is mandatory that you complete an Unaccompanied Minor Handling Advice Form which you can request from a UIA authorized agent at the departure airport.
Then our authorized agent will accompany your child to the aircraft, where our in-flight Crew member will supervise him/her during all flight.
Please, do not leave the airport until the flight has actually taken off!
After the flight's arrival at the destination airport our staff will accompany your child during all arrival procedures all the way until your child is handed over to the meeting person.
We can hand the child over only to the person designated in the Unaccompanied Handling Advice Form or to an authorized agent of the receiving air carrier at the transfer airport.
The meeting person at the destination airport must present an ID proving his/her identity.
If the meeting person designated in the Unaccompanied Handling Advice Form fails to meet the Unaccompanied Minor on arrival, we will have to return your child to the departure airport. Also you will have to pay all related costs.
Children travelling in a GroupUIA offers transportation of children groups on all its flights.
Please note! Each group of 30 children must always be escorted by at least one adult person aged 18 or over.
If you plan to transport a group of children, you have to present the list of children in such a group including the names of all escorting adults with the leader status, as well as each child's birth date.
This list must be presented at the check-in desk and at immigration controls.
In addition, the group list must be sent to the UIA Passenger Service Department prior to flight check-in start at email@example.com.