UIA and 1+1 Media launch a new CSR program
Ukraine International Airlines and 1+1 Media Holding commence implementing the new corporate social responsibility program. As part of the program 1+1 Media raises funds to honor medical treatment of serious patients abroad while UIA guarantees to carry 2 aided persons* on each scheduled international flight.
The parties signed a Memorandum on cooperation. UIA made a commitment to:
- book 2 seats on every scheduled international flight – including long-haul services – to carry 2 aided persons;
- guarantee carriage in case an official letter of inquiry and full package of support documentation is submitted no later than 48 hours prior to scheduled departure;
- make every effort to guarantee carriage in case of force majeure when an official letter of inquiry and full package of support documentation is submitted later than 48 hours prior to scheduled departure;
- provide transportation of passengers with disabilities at the airport and on board (if needed).
Tuesday, July 14, 2015, the partners coordinated and carried the first two participants of the joint project. Daniil Bonakh and his father Andrei Bonakh traveled to Warsaw on UIA PS801 flight. Daniil Bonakh will undergo allomyelotransplantation in Szpital Uniwersytecki, Poland. Moreover, two open-date tickets were issued for the son and his father to be able to travel back home from Warsaw to Kiev as soon as little Daniil recovers from the surgery.
“We have been systematically developing our corporate social responsibility program and are really pleased to be part of such a significant project. We have launched the TSN-Dopomoga Project quite a long time ago. Over the last 2 years, we broadcast over 100 TV spots. Notably, our audience is always very empathic. We hope that taking the issue of air carriage off the table we will be able to help more people”, – noted Svetlana Pavaletskaya, 1+1 Media PR-Director.
“Historically, Ukraine International Airlines gave full attention to socially-responsible initiatives, – noted Evgeniya Satska, UIA Corporate Press Secretary. – It is our top priority and an integral part of UIA CSR program to boost partnership with national and international funds and NGOs, as well as charity and volunteers organizations. I’d like to reinforce the following: UIA is ready to guarantee similar carriage jointly with other funds and NGOs in case a particular flight is not “booked” by 1+1 Media”.
*UIA and 1+1 Media regard the following categories to be aided persons:
- Orphans and children/refugees from Eastern Ukraine and Crimea, traveling abroad to receive medical aid or pass rehabilitation courses;
- Wounded ATO combatants traveling abroad to receive medical aid or pass rehabilitation courses;
- Accompanying persons.
|Back to the list|